Αre there exceptions when it comes to forgiveness?
What it takes to be a victim or an offender?
Is forgiveness a sign of strength or weakness?
A unique life can not include hate, resentment, and anger. When we do not forgive we hook ourselves with crutches into the ground while at the same time we want to fly high! Watch my YouTube video and find out why:
Many prestigious medical papers warn us that negative feelings can actually kill us as much as high cholesterol and blood pressure! So should we ignore them? No, never! Even if we push our feelings down at some point they'll start to bubble over and that's when the pain party begins! The best way to handle them is by opening the door to... forgiveness! Forgiveness is the intentional and voluntary process by which a victim resigns from negative emotions as anger and revenge towards the offender. How is this so?
Firstly, we should accept the fact that everybody does the best he can based on the knowledge he has at a certain point. The amount of pain someone gives derives from the amount of pain he received himself in the past. No one wakes up in the morning wanting to hurt someone deliberately. We act this way because this is what we think is normal to do.
Our GAC coaches teach that forgiving doesn't mean that you agree with the other person's actions or that you are having illusions about the past (be a member of our eminent coaching team here:
or register yourself in our introduction webinar for the Life Coaching & Leadership course of the Universal Training Educational Centre following this link:
What we do with forgiving is releasing a negative energetic tie. By letting bygones be bygones, we switch off the victim mode and regain our strength! Forgiveness is a true love selfing act!
Follow the 5-step procedure that will reinforce forgiving power within you:
1. Make a forgive list: Write down all the people that have hurt you! Quantity in this stage is not important.
2. Choose your top 5-to-forgive people. Write their names in a separate sheet.
3. Interrogation time! Answer these questions: What happened and I feel angry with this person? What did I do wrong and why didn't I protect myself? What is the learning I got from this?
4. Change roles! Close your eyes and imagine what would the people in your list say to you if you've asked them for the painful situation they caused.
5. Get your power back! See the other person sitting next to you and say: I now choose to get my power back and I forgive you!
When you finish, burn your pages or let them be taken by the sea as a symbolism of your determination to break free from anger and truly forgive!
Do you have what it takes to be a positive life influencer? Join the Strategic Career Coaching session to find out! Our experienced coaching team will guide you through the laborious but worthwhile experience of becoming a most successful life coach yourself!
Benefit from this limited offer and join our complimentary Strategic Career Coaching session now:
JILL DOUKA, MBA, PCC
#1 International Bestselling Author of Create Love and How to Create Your Life
Business Mentor Awarded by European Union and accredited by Coach Federation
Global Academy of Coaching Director